Is it time to revitalize your deck or patio? If so, your first instinct might be to go online to buy some mass-produced flat-pack tables and chairs. You may even think about driving to your local big-box store to see what they have to offer. Before you follow either of these paths, though, you should know there is a better option – custom-made log furniture.
Here are just a few reasons why you ought to choose log furniture over its flat-pack counterpart:
- Log tables and chairs generally last much longer than mass-produced furniture.
- Log furniture can be custom-made to fit the dimensions of your deck or patio.
- Flat-pack furniture is usually bland, uninteresting, and uniform. Log tables and chairs can add a unique aesthetic to your home.
- Log furniture generates less waste than its mass-produced cousin and is, therefore, better for the environment.
Of course, any tables or chairs you place on your deck will take a beating from the elements. Wind, rain, snow, and hail can destroy your furniture – unless you take steps to protect it, such as:
- Finishing it with a spar varnish that contains UV blockers
- Place your furniture under an awning or canopy
- Use furniture glides to raise your furniture slightly off the ground
- Cover your outdoor furniture when not in use
By taking these easy steps, you can add years to the life of your new log furniture.
Log Furniture – Find Yours at Valley Mill & Board
Are you ready to purchase some custom-made log furniture for your deck or patio space? Then please do not hesitate to reach out to the seasoned craftsmen at Valley Mill & Board by filling out our online contact form. We have years of experience in the industry, and we would be thrilled to help you transform your backyard.